Throughout your journey in life, you are certain to encounter obstacles that may try to stop you from fulfilling your ambitions. However, you have the choice to let them take control of you or for you to take control of the hurdles by not letting them defeat you. It is vital that you take your hardships and let them serve you in your pursuit to follow your dreams. Music can be your guide because it can give you strength and a sense of purpose. It can also assist you in facing the burdens that overwhelm you by helping you relieve any negative stress. Moreover, music can encourage you to avoid living situationally by helping you remember who you are and focus on your passion.
Overcoming Your Obstacles
Move Obstacles Until Nothing Takes Away your Inspiration; Never give up!
Each day a light shines in the dark
You’ll see it if you try
Beyond the clouds of haze
Beyond the rush of the passersby
Sometimes we get so overburdened by the heaviness of the lofty load
Life can be an uphill climb, a strenuous battle
But there may be a bright horizon for those who stay upon the saddle
With knees locked firm, heads held high
With eyes looking forward toward the sky
With minds that are steadfast, focused, and bold
We press ahead because we see
The glimpses of light and beauty
Sometimes you may feel like the pressure of your own feet are more than you can bear
You look for a resting place but none can be found anywhere
But it’s in these moments that you must not despair
Take a breath
Suggestions for Rising Above Hurdles
- Remember that this too shall pass.
- Have faith that victory is in sight.
- Be assured that struggles will only make you stronger.
- Recognize that worry will inhibit you from allowing strength to conquer.
- Know that you are not alone in your struggles. Be inspired by others who have undergone similar situations.
- Realize that how you react in a struggle can serve as an inspiration to light the way for others.
- Keep focused on the good moments.
“In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.” –
It is heartbreaking but not defeating. It is impactful, but not fatal. Though you may feel downtrodden and empty, your arteries are still flowing with oxygen rich blood, your lungs are still filled with air, and your heart is still pumping. It may seem like you may be hopeless, but you indeed are full of life and hope. What you are going through is only making you stronger. Use this strength to improve yourself and to help others through their obstacles. Don’t give up; don’t give in. Keep standing your ground and pressing forth.
YOU CAN MAKE IT!
Step into the light,
Everything will be alright.
I know you don’t feel like you have the will left to fight;
You’re drained, you’re tired, you feel like you’ve lost your might;
Yes, everything is going to be alright.
So, step into the light,
And see all who you are,
A victor, a champion, a shooting star
Destined to greatness if you just hold on a bit longer,
If you believe in yourself and dare to stand stronger.
Step into the light and be who you’re meant to be.
Only you can be you, only you hold the key,
And the world needs to hear what you’ve got to say;
So, step into the light and make this a brighter day.
You’re a survivor and an overcomer. You are not purposed to be defeated. You may make mistakes, but you are not an accident. Have assurance that things will work out and that you can turn negative circumstances into learning experiences that foster your growth and lead you to new paths you may have never thought possible. While the climb may be difficult, the reward is usually worth the effort. Don’t allow any situation to overcome you, but rather take control by remembering that you, not the situation, are responsible for your fate. Be confident in your ability to persevere despite any obstacle.
Be an Overcomer
Understand that your struggle does not need to define you.
Have a determined mind to succeed.
Remind yourself that you are able.
Face your challenges. Don’t try to run from them.
Don’t be afraid to take the steps you need. Face the unknown with bravery and strength.
Be positive. Focus on your strengths, and speak positivity into your life.
Use your hardships to not only strengthen yourself but also to strengthen others.
Stay true to yourself, no matter the situation.
Reach for your goals. Don’t be afraid to dream.
The Fight is On
The fight is on,
A fight for survival,
A fight for respect,
A fight for recognition.
Each day, your struggle becomes a part of who you are.
How you approach that fight will help define you.
Will you be courageous or will you let your fight overtake you?
You need to know who you are.
Music is My Anchor
When the seas of doubt rage and the waves try to shake my inner core,
I can always depend on music as my refuge and anchor,
A calming voice in times of need
To give me hope, to let me know I can succeed,
To take the clouds of fear away,
To bring rays of light and color out from amongst the gray,
To be my guide as through life I navigate,
To lift me up despite my burdens’ weight,
To give me vision to dream and wings to fly,
To let me know nothing is impossible and it’s alright to try.
- A Little Bit Longer – Jonas Brothers
- Ain’t No Stopping Us Now – McFadden & Whitehead
- Alive – Selah Sue
- All My Life – Flo Rida
- Amazing – Aerosmith
- Angels – Khalid
- Anything’s Possible – Lea Michele
- Anyway – Martina McBride
- Backbone – Daughtry
- Bad Day – Daniel Powter
- Be Alright – Ariana Grande
- Be Strong – Delta Goodrem
- Better Days – OneRepublic
- Can We Hang On? – Cold War Kids
- Carry On – Fun.
- Change – Taylor Swift
- Comeback Story – Kings of Leon
- Coming Up Strong – Karmin
- Details in The Fabric – Jason Mraz
- Don’t Believe It – Molly Moore
- Don’t Let It Break Your Heart – Louis Tomlinson
- Each Tear – Mary J. Blige ft. Jay Sean
- Easier – Manic Drive
- Even When I Can’t Feel It – George Strait
- Everybody’s Got A Mountain To Climb – The Allman Brothers
- Fighting For You – Adam Agee
- Fly – Phillip Phillips
- Get It Right – Diplo ft. MØ
- Get Rhythm – Johnny Cash
- Hall of Fame – The Script ft. Will.i.am
- Hang On In There – Queen
- Harder – Keala Settle
- Hold On – Jonas Brothers
- Hope – Anson Li
- I Believe – Dolly Parton
- I Made It – Fantasia ft. Tye Tribbett
- I Rise – Etana
- I’m No Stranger to the Rain – Keith Whitley
- I’m Still Here – Mandisa
- Invincible – Kelly Clarkson
- Keep On Dancin’ – Ellie Goulding
- Keep On the Sunny Side – The Carter Family
- Keep Singing – Rick Astley
- Keep Singing – MercyMe
- Keep Ya Head Up – Tupac Shakur
- Keep Your Head Up – Andy Grammer
- Kids in the Dark – All Time Low
- Last Hope – Paramore
- Learning to Fly – Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
- Let Love Lead – Ringo Starr
- Let Love Lead the Way – Spice Girls
- Let’s Go Crazy – Prince & The Revolution
- Livin’ In Desperate Times – Olivia Newton-John
- Love is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way – U2
- Love Will Find A Way – Lionel Richie
- Love Will Save The Day – Whitney Houston
- Music is Worth Living For – Andrew W.K.
- Never Say Never – Justin Bieber ft. Jaden Smith
- No Boundaries – Kris Allen
- No Surrender – Bruce Springsteen
- Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) – Hillsong United
- On My Way Here – Clay Aiken
- One Day at a Time (Outro) – Gucci Mane
- One Step At A Time – Jordin Sparks
- Rainbow – Kesha
- Remember the Music – Empire Cast ft. Jennifer Hudson
- Remember to Remember – Steven Curtis Chapman
- Rise – Glee Cast
- Rise – Selena Gomez
- Sign of Life – LeAnn Rimes
- Silver and Gold – Little Big Town
- Sing A Song – Earth, Wind, & Fire
- Something Beautiful – Tori Kelly
- Started From The Bottom – Drake
- Stayin’ Alive – Bee Gees
- Still Breathing – Green Day
- Superpower – Adam Lambert
- The Climb – Miley Cyrus
- The Greatest – Sia
- The Promise – Chris Cornell
- The Night Is Young – The Summer Set
- This Ain’t Over – Alex Newell
- Undefeated – Incubus
- Undefeated – Skillet
- Underdog – The Script
- Unfinished – Mandisa
- Upside Down – Jack Johnson
- Warrior – Hannah Kerr
- Wings – BTS
- You Can Make It If You Try – The Rolling Stones
- You Haven’t Seen the Last of Me – Cher
- You’ll Never Walk Alone – Christine Johnson