Whether you desire to make an internal change that will help you reach your goals or you desire to see changes made within the financial, political, social, or judicial aspects of society, you are capable of contributing to making the change. There are qualities about you that are unique and may cause you to stand out, and these unique gifts are able to help you make a difference. If you do not understand what your gifts are at the moment, do not limit yourself by negating or ignoring them; rather, it is important you take pride in your unique attributes and you realize that, with time, you will learn how to recognize and use them to their full potential. When attempting to make a change, you must also believe in and be committed to the goals that you are trying to achieve. You must remember that, when you are passionate and dedicated, you can accomplish anything to which you set your mind. You should never allow anybody to make you feel like you are not good enough or strong enough to conquer your ambitions. Additionally, don’t worry if doors appear to be closed because larger opportunities are awaiting. Be ready to achieve, and don’t accept anything less than success. Though you may not know how and you may not know when, your victory is coming. Even when results are not seen within a short period of time, keep believing that the situations in which you find yourself will improve. Since it is common for people to feel defeated after recognizing the amount of time that it may take to accomplish their goals, you must make a conscientious decision to take one step at a time and to not let your weaknesses or fears overcome you. You must remain positive and optimistic, yet genuine and realistic. As you proceed within your journey, it is advisable to recognize which of your actions have been successful, embrace your victories, and challenge yourself by setting progressively higher goals. By knowing who you are and what you stand for, embracing your unique gifts, and continually pressing on when encountering obstacles, you will be remembered by others as a persistent person who aims for improvement and growth in society.
Understanding Your Abilities
- Because We Can – Bon Jovi
- Believe – Josh Groban
- Defying Gravity – Kristin Chenoweth & Idina Menzel
- Feel Invincible – Skillet
- Hero – Mariah Carey
- I Believe – DJ Khaled ft. Demi Lovato
- Impossible Is Nothing – Iggy Azalea
- Rebels Are We – Chic
- Rise – Katy Perry
- The Champion – Carrie Underwood ft. Ludacris
- This Is Me – Demi Lovato ft. Joe Jonas
- The Plan – J. Cole
- Try – Dolly Parton
- Victory – N.E.R.D.
- Whatever It Takes – Imagine Dragons
Questions for Consideration
- Are you confident in who you are and what you are trying to accomplish?
- Can you distinguish your unique attributes that can assist you in achieving your desired changes?
- Do you believe that you have the inner strength required to make changes?
- Are you able to believe in your ambitions even if others don’t?
“Believe you can
and you’re halfway there.” –